The Philippine bureau of customs (BOC) have changed the rules for sending balikbayan boxes.
The BOC will implement soon the new rules for sending Balikbayan boxes. Everybody can still ship balikbayan boxes but not everybody can avail for the Balikbayan box priviledge.
As soon the BOC has released the final rules, we will start operating by the new rules and inform you about it.There are 2 ways to send balikbayan boxes:
- de minimis (everybody)
- Balikbayan box privilege (only Qualified Filipinos)
For everybody who send boxes, the rules as below will apply.
The customs information sheet should be printed or written in clear handwriting (all capitals) or typing. Incomplete or wrong filled up documents might result that the BOC will hold the involved boxes.
Beside the customs documents an LVM Cargo shippingform is still required.General:
- For every box 3 customs information sheets; 1 for you, 1 inside the box on top and 1 for LVM cargo
de Minimis:For everybody
- The maximum value from all items in 1 shipment is below PhP 10.000 equal to €165
- Every box should have 3 copies from the customs information sheet, fully filled up.
- No passport copy is required.
- A shipment above PhP10.000 is automaticly considered as a Balikbayan box priviledge
Balikbayan box priviledge- Only qualified OFW can send duty/tax free balikbayan boxes
- Allowed to ship only 3 times a year
- Maximum value of all items PhP 150.000 per year
- Can only ship to family until the 4th degree
- No commercial quantities allowed (Max. 1 dozen of a kind)
- A shipment above PhP10.000 is automaticly considered as an avail for tax- and dutyfree.
- In each shipment all the documents below needs to be provided: